Here are possible reasons why UND goaltender Jean-Philippe Lamoureux was not named one of three finalists for college hockey’s Hobey Baker Memorial Award:
5) The committee couldn’t pronounce Lamoureux.
4) The panel believed Lamoureux was only the second-best goalie on his team after seeing video of Sioux junior Aaron Walski against Red River in the North Dakota state high school championship game.
3) The voters wanted to include a player who didn’t lead his team to the Frozen Four (Jones).
2) Committee members read Lamoureux’s statistics wrong; thought he had a goals-against average of 93.6 and a save percentage of 1.64.
1) Conspiracy theorists claimed that Phil, Philippe, and Jean-Philippe were three brothers who each collected nine victories and two shutouts this season.
Well, there you have it. Since there is no reasonable explanation why Lamoureux was left out of the Hobey Hat Trick, this is all I could come up with. Feel free to add your own explanation in the comments section below.